DRIVING TO FALLS CREEK
Falls Creek offers on-mountain car parking for both day trips and longer stays. The cost for parking is covered with the purchase of a resort entry permit, required for all vehcles entering the resort.
From Sydney or Melbourne the best way is to travel along the Hume Highway and take the turnoffs at either Wangaratta (from Melbourne) or Albury (from Sydney).
Last petrol stop is Mt Beauty, so be sure to fill up before Falls Creek! You may also need alpine diesel or antifreeze.
Chains must be on the vehicle to enter Falls Creek, otherwise penalties arise (can be hired in Mt Beauty).
- LP gas vehicles perform best on petrol in alpine regions
- Ensure you have adequate fuel - there is none
available at Falls Creek
- Avoid sudden braking or acceleration when driving in icy conditions
- Drive with your headlights on in foggy conditions
- Do not drive with accumulated snow on your vehicle - doing so is illegal and creates hazards to other vehicles